Give from Your IRA (No Matter Your Age!)
An Individual Retirement Account (IRA) is an appealing way to save for retirement: Contribute and enjoy tax savings. But eventually, that tax bill comes due—when you take your annual distributions and again when you leave your assets to heirs.
If you want to avoid the tax bite and make an impact on our mission, consider a gift from your IRA to A Faith That Does Justice. There are two easy ways to do this.
Make Your Impact Today
If you’re 70½ or older, you may make a Qualified Charitable Distribution (QCD) from your IRA to make a tax-free gift to A Faith That Does Justice. The law allows you to directly transfer any amount up to $100,000 annually to a qualified charitable organization without paying income tax on the distribution. Additional benefits include:
- You’ll see the difference you’re making today.
- You pay no income taxes on the gift. The transfer doesn’t result in taxable income or a tax deduction to you, so you benefit even if you don’t itemize your tax deductions.
- Your gift can satisfy all or part of your required minimum distribution.
Make Sure Your Gift Counts this year!
If you have not yet taken your required minimum distribution for the year, a QCD from your IRA can satisfy all or part of that requirement up to $100,000. To ensure your gift qualifies this year, make the transfer by Dec. 31. Please mail the QCD check to: A Faith That Does Justice, Inc., c/o Peter Gyves, SJ MD, PO Box 990152, Boston MA 02199.
Magnify Your Impact Long-Term
Regardless of your age, you can give from your IRA by naming A Faith That Does Justice as a beneficiary of your account. This is a great option for extending support from your IRA beyond your lifetime.
- Decide what percentage (1–100%) you would like A Faith That Does Justice to receive.
- Contact your IRA administrator for a change-of-beneficiary form, or simply download a form from your provider’s website.
- Name A Faith That Does Justice as beneficiary and specify the gift percentage on the form.
- Return the form to your IRA administrator.
- Let us know about your plans so we can thank you.
If you have named A Faith That Does Justice in your estate plans, please let us know so we can honor you along with others who have included A Faith That Does Justice in their plans.
Whether you make your impact at A Faith That Does Justice today or after your lifetime, your gift matters. Please contact Peter Gyves, SJ MD at (857) 990-3670 or email@example.com to discuss your plans.